domingo, 18 de junio de 2017

Computer freezing when using GPU pc building site custom pc builder

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i7-2600K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor $286.46 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler Noctua - NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler $69.95 @ Amazon
Motherboard Gigabyte - GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard -
Memory Kingston - HyperX Blu 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory $87.95 @ Amazon
Video Card MSI - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card $477.00 @ Amazon
Power Supply Ultra - X4 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply -
Operating System Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $89.89 @ OutletPC
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $1021.25
Mail-in rebates -$10.00
Total $1011.25
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-06-18 20:51 EDT-0400

 

Describe your problem. List any error messages and symptoms. Be descriptive.

When the GPU (GTX 1070) is being used, any time I play a game or after about 5 minutes of the computer being on, I start getting freezing issues. The computer goes into a kind of long stutter, where it will be frozen for 5 seconds, then move a little, then freeze again, until I shut it off manually with the power button. My mouse cursor also always disappears when this happens, not sure why. One time I even started getting crazy vertical lines and weird artifacts on the screen as well.

 

List anything you've done in attempt to diagnose or fix the problem.

At first I was worried this was a heat issue, as sometimes the processors will clock down to prevent damage, but using HWmonitor I noticed the heat never went up by much. I also noticed when I was using a GPU usage meter, the usage would spike really high sometimes when this was happening. These freezes have not ever given me a blue screen, or shut the computer off, I do that manually because its useless to try and do anything with it in that state.

 

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the graphics drivers two or three times, using the special NVidia driver uninstaller to make sure they were really gone. I've been using my computer without the GPU for a few days now, and since removing it, I have not experienced the issue (Although I can't play the Witcher with sad onboard graphics).

 

I suspect that this issue could be one of three things: The power supply, the motherboard, or the GPU. If you guys have any good ideas for narrowing down the cause, I would be very grateful. I unfortunately don't have an extra PSU lying around, or another system to test the card in, so if all else fails, I'll have to bring it into a shop. I would like to avoid that, however, because for them to really find the problem they may need admin privileges to my PC.

submitted by /u/szucs2020
[link] [comments]

from /r/buildapc - Planning on building a computer but need some advice? This is the place to ask! https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/6i3ae5/computer_freezing_when_using_gpu/
via IFTTT
build your own computer

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario