domingo, 18 de junio de 2017

GTX 1080 running... 15fps... plz help pc building site custom pc builder

Okay so, I've just finished up building my upteenth PC, I've built around 20 in my lifetime so I know roughly what I'm doing but not anywhere near a veteran builder.

I've never experienced this issue with a computer before. So, down to the details.

This is a watercooled build - CPU only - there were a few issues with the first boot (the m.2. slot not being activated, a couple of issues with the drive and i had to re-seat the RAM and clear CMOS. This was all standard stuff for me) Finally I get the system to boot and I notice the graphics cards fans aren't running for some reason (I realize that some graphics cards have a built-in feature to not run the fans when they're not needed) and I'd not seen this with the graphics card I was using (Palit 1080 Gamerock). I open up msi afterburner and everything is standard except for the GPU fan which is on 0%.

I then assume it was an update to drivers that caused the fan not to run while not under load, so I fired up rocket league (not intensive but enough) to see if the fans would being to spin on their own. However it was at this point I realized that I was also getting only 25 fps with an above average build.

I've spent the last 1 - 2 hours looking on various forums for people with similar problems but I've been unable to find any fixes.

PLEASE HELP

Parts list:

CPU - 5820k @ 4.3GHz

GPU - Palit 1080 Gamerock @stock

MOBO - EVGA Micro 2

PSU - EVGA Supernova 650 G2

RAM - Corsair vengeance 16GB (8*2)

Case - NZXT S340 Elite (white)

Fans - EK-WB Vardar

CPU Block - EK-WB Supremacy

Res - EK-WB 250 res

Pump - DDC pump from ek

[EDIT] I'm going to try downloading the drivers straight from Nvidia's website and do a clean install of them.

[Final Edit] Downloading drivers from nvidia's website instead of the geforce experience fixed the problems (select clean install)

submitted by /u/thecuntspunkle
[link] [comments]

from /r/buildapc - Planning on building a computer but need some advice? This is the place to ask! https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/6i1ki6/gtx_1080_running_15fps_plz_help/
via IFTTT
build your own computer

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario