domingo, 18 de junio de 2017

New PC help. Build validation and advice. pc building site custom pc builder

Troubleshooting Help:

Hi guys, looking to rejoin the PC world after around 13 years in the wilderness and have a few questions. Apologies if the format of this post is awful, I didn't see a preview button. The PC will be used as a workstation and for gaming. I would like to keep the budget around 2,000 GBP but can spend more if required. I'm in the UK. The PC will pretty much be hidden in a desk. I don't care for aesthetics and willing to take the 10% performance hit for not having any RGB.

Questions:

  1. My office is stuffy and I want to overclock the R7 1700 to around 3.8Ghz. Will the stock cooler suffice? Or, should I considering water cooling? I want to limit making my room even hotter than it currently is.

  2. Heard RAM speed is more important on Ryzen, am I going to have any issues getting the quoted 3200 speed? I'll be new to overclocking, looking at videos it seems I might need to be making some bios tweaks to get there? I've gone with this motherboard/RAM to make my life easier.

  3. Is the power supply ample? Should I be looking at titanium efficiency to save the planet and my electricity bills?

  4. Case - I ideally need something with the dimensions no bigger than H38cm x W30cm X D50CM. Selected case is too tall. Any suggestions? Again, don't care for looks. If water cooling is suggested for the CPU, something that can support that would be great.

  5. I'm open to any and all suggestions around tweaking this build. Please don't feel like you have to answer all the above questions. Just some knowledge and a nudge in the right direction will be great to helping me start ordering the parts.

FYI... I'm looking to start ordering parts around the beginning of July. This isn't really time sensitive so willing to wait longer if there's a decent reason for it.

What is your parts list? Consider formatting your parts list.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 7 1700 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor £279.99 @ Amazon UK
Motherboard Asus - CROSSHAIR VI HERO ATX AM4 Motherboard £223.48 @ BT Shop
Memory G.Skill - Flare X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory £180.09 @ Alza
Storage Samsung - 960 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive £114.60 @ Aria PC
Storage Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive £279.98 @ Aria PC
Video Card EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB SC Black Edition Video Card £684.42 @ CCL Computers
Case Fractal Design - Define S ATX Mid Tower Case £68.76 @ CCL Computers
Power Supply EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply £85.32 @ CCL Computers
Operating System Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit £83.94 @ Aria PC
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total £2000.58
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-06-18 23:37 BST+0100
submitted by /u/jamowill
[link] [comments]

from /r/buildapc - Planning on building a computer but need some advice? This is the place to ask! https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/6i2mbh/new_pc_help_build_validation_and_advice/
via IFTTT
build your own computer

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario