domingo, 18 de junio de 2017

PSU and seemingly GPU buzzing when in-game, leaking into headphones and microphone too. pc building site custom pc builder

Parts list:

7700K

Gigabyte GA-Z270-HD3 motherboard

Gigabyte Aorus 1080ti

EVGA Supernova G3 650w PSU

Xonar DX soundcard

Describe your problem. List any error messages and symptoms. Be descriptive.

Built my computer a few days ago. When in GPU intensive games, even just on the menu depending on the game, my PSU makes an audible buzz, and it also seems to be coming from my GPU too. This buzz also leaks electronically into my headphones slightly, and into my microphone - others can hear it. It reduces when I Alt-tab and disappears into silence when I quit the game. Furmark doesn't make it happen.

List anything you've done in attempt to diagnose or fix the problem.

Initially thought the soundcard might be receiving interference - but I tried removing the soundcard and I can still physically hear the buzz. Onboard sound is disabled. I've tried swapping the graphics card for a 760GTX and the noise seemed different, but still seemed to be there. My previous computer was on the same power strip that I'm currently using, in case that is relevant. It's not any of the fans in the case, it's primarily the PSU by the sounds of it.

I am at my wit's end trying to isolate the problem. I'd be happy if I knew it was either the GPU or the PSU or the motherboard, as I could replace any of those parts under RMA, but I'm really concerned it might be a combination of parts. And I really, really want to solve this. I can't live with it.

Provide any additional details you wish below.

I'm incredibly upset about this after building a new PC. Not only is the physical buzz irritating, but I can't communicate with friends in-game due to the buzz leaking into my microphone. I thought my PSU was a really high quality unit, but could that still be the cause? It seems very weird that the PSU is making noise as well as seemingly the GPU (though I can't confirm GPU is also making noise, it just sounds like it).

Please help me /r/buildapc

submitted by /u/lations
[link] [comments]

from /r/buildapc - Planning on building a computer but need some advice? This is the place to ask! https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/6i47jz/psu_and_seemingly_gpu_buzzing_when_ingame_leaking/
via IFTTT
build your own computer

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario