lunes, 19 de junio de 2017

Upgrading to Ryzen 1500X, thoughts? pc building site custom pc builder

Hi, I'm upgrading from this build to this Ryzen setup:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 1500X 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor Purchased For $220.00
Motherboard MSI - B350 PC MATE ATX AM4 Motherboard $129.99 @ Newegg Canada
Memory Team - Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory Purchased For $145.00
Case Corsair - 200R ATX Mid Tower Case Purchased For $55.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $549.99
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-06-19 02:18 EDT-0400

Questions:

Will my new system boot normally if I'm using my old HDD/SSD with Windows on it? Or will I (or should I) do a fresh start?

How easy is it to get my RAM to clock up to 3000Mhz? I've heard a lot of things about Ryzen's performance benefiting from faster memory.

How easy is it to flash my BIOS for an update, and will I have to when I get my mobo? I've never done this before and am worried about doing it.

Will I see a significant increase in performance when gaming, compared to my previous 8320?

EDIT: Will my previous Cooler Master Hyper TX3 work on the Ryzen 5 1500X? Should I stick with the wraith spire cooler? I could keep the hyper master with the fx 8320 instead (old parts going to another build).

Thanks!

P.S. Everything is in CAD. #CanadianLivesMatter

submitted by /u/pimpto
[link] [comments]

from /r/buildapc - Planning on building a computer but need some advice? This is the place to ask! https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/6i4o9c/upgrading_to_ryzen_1500x_thoughts/
via IFTTT
build your own computer

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario