jueves, 27 de julio de 2017

A year and a half ago, I built a PC. It never booted. Now I'm finally getting to fixing it and need urgent help and advice as to what to do. pc building site custom pc builder

Troubleshooting Help:

What is your parts list?/r/buildapc/wiki/pcpp)

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor $90.98 @ Newegg
CPU Cooler Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler $29.99 @ Newegg
Motherboard Asus - M5A99FX PRO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard -
Memory Corsair - Vengeance 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $61.99 @ Newegg
Storage Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $49.99 @ Newegg
Video Card Sapphire - Radeon R9 380 4GB Nitro Video Card -
Case Cooler Master - HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case $64.98 @ Newegg
Power Supply Corsair - CXM 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $77.98 @ Newegg
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $375.91
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-07-27 23:08 EDT-0400

Describe your problem. List any error messages and symptoms. Be descriptive.

My friend insisted on this build even though I wanted to get a cheaper Gigabyte motherboard that didn't say there was a problem. My friend just said if it didn't work to do a BIOS update. Well I tried to do that following the motherboard manual and online advice, and it did not work. The speaker doesn't even beep.

Since that, I got busy with school, all the warranty from the parts expired. Finally I have time to work on the PC, and now I'm just afraid to touch it without getting advice from some of y'all first.

List anything you've done in attempt to diagnose or fix the problem.

Took apart everything and put it back together but it's clear the BIOS update is needed and I couldn't carry it out no matter what I tried.

Provide any additional details you wish below.

I would just like to get this solved in the easiest and cheapest way possible. If there's a way with buying no or minimal parts, I'm game. If that's not possible and I need to buy something new (remember the computer has just been sitting there for a year...) then so be it, but tell me what the best course is to do with the existing parts (sell it, etc.).

submitted by /u/your_mind_aches
[link] [comments]

from /r/buildapc - Planning on building a computer but need some advice? This is the place to ask! https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/6q150s/a_year_and_a_half_ago_i_built_a_pc_it_never/
via IFTTT
build your own computer

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario