lunes, 17 de julio de 2017

Advice on a starter's video editing/gaming PC (>$1000) pc building site custom pc builder

Build Help/Ready:

Have you read the sidebar and rules? (Please do)

Yes

What is your intended use for this build? The more details the better.

Video Editing (Premiere and After Effects mainly) and gaming/streaming

If gaming, what kind of performance are you looking for? (Screen resolution, framerate, game settings)

1080p, 60fps on medium settings is fine but I'd like a little leeway sometimes

What is your budget (ballpark is okay)?

Under $1000 (monitor is included in the list below but that's separate)

In what country are you purchasing your parts?

US

Post a draft of your potential build here (specific parts please). Consider formatting your parts list. Don't ask to be spoonfed a build (read the rules!).

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor $224.88 @ OutletPC
CPU Cooler Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler $27.89 @ OutletPC
Motherboard Gigabyte - GA-B250M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $69.89 @ OutletPC
Memory G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory $128.99 @ Amazon
Storage Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $47.88 @ OutletPC
Video Card Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3GB Windforce OC Video Card $234.98 @ Newegg
Case Cooler Master - N200 MicroATX Mini Tower Case $27.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply Thermaltake - SMART 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $49.99 @ Newegg
Operating System Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $89.89 @ OutletPC
Wired Network Adapter TP-Link - TG-3468 PCI-Express x1 10/100/1000 Mbps Network Adapter $12.25 @ Newegg
Wireless Network Adapter Gigabyte - GC-WB867D-I REV 4.2 PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter $29.99 @ SuperBiiz
Monitor Acer - H226HQLbid 21.5" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor $99.99 @ Newegg
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $1099.61
Mail-in rebates -$55.00
Total $1044.61
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-07-18 00:11 EDT-0400

Provide any additional details you wish below.

I'm very new with the highly technical aspects of computers, but I can learn and have done a lot of research into this build. Even then, I'm not really sure about it.

I'm looking for general advice on the build, preferably if I could cheapen anything without losing integrity or things I should switch around for my build to make it more viable for the video editing stuff, as I'm planning on doing freelance work with this PC.

I looked into lower-end graphics cards, but I'm not sure what's worth it since the 1060 is cheaper than the 960s I could find anyways and I didn't want to go much lower for fear of it not being very future-proof (I know, I know).

Finally, this is planned to be my initial build. Once I get work and more money I plan on adding an SSD and stuff. I want to start with everything I need for a stable but strong build.

Side-note: I've heard good things about the Ryzen series of processors but also that they can have some serious bugs and issues right now, so I thought it best to hold off on them for now. IF anyone has something to add about that I'd love to hear it.

submitted by /u/SlurryBender
[link] [comments]

from /r/buildapc - Planning on building a computer but need some advice? This is the place to ask! https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/6nyheq/advice_on_a_starters_video_editinggaming_pc_1000/
via IFTTT
build your own computer

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario