jueves, 27 de julio de 2017

AMD GPUs w/ FreeSync: What's the move? pc building site custom pc builder

Build Help/Ready:

Have you read the sidebar and rules? (Please do)

Yes

What is your intended use for this build? The more details the better.

Gaming, Regular workstation use

If gaming, what kind of performance are you looking for? (Screen resolution, framerate, game settings)

Settled on the Acer XF270HU (1440p, 144hz, IPS panel, FreeSync). I care about Rocket League's performance foremost, and other games'/applications' prettiness as a secondary consideration. Fine playing on Med/High settings for most things.

What is your budget (ballpark is okay)?

~$1500

In what country are you purchasing your parts?

United States of Microcenter

Post a draft of your potential build here (specific parts please). Consider formatting your parts list. Don't ask to be spoonfed a build (read the rules!). PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor $197.99 @ SuperBiiz
Motherboard Gigabyte - GA-AB350-GAMING 3 ATX AM4 Motherboard $91.77 @ OutletPC
Memory Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $138.99 @ Amazon
Storage Western Digital - Black 512GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $198.88 @ OutletPC
Case NZXT - S340 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case $94.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply Rosewill - 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $93.67 @ Amazon
Wireless Network Adapter Gigabyte - GC-WB867D-I PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter $38.89 @ OutletPC
Monitor Acer - XF270HU 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor $540.00 @ Amazon
Keyboard Redragon - K552 Wired Gaming Keyboard $32.99 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $1453.17
Mail-in rebates -$25.00
Total $1428.17
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-07-27 21:59 EDT-0400

Provide any additional details you wish below.

Hi all! OK, so I'm super excited about putting together my first build. I have decided to center my build around the Acer monitor. Everything else is secondary to this consideration (I plan to use this monitor for the next 5+ years). If possible, I would like to take advantage of its FreeSync capability whenever available.

This leads me to my main question for you all: what should I do about the GPU?

RX 480s/580s are expensive right now. I don't know if I should spend $380 on a used Fury X. Vega isn't out yet and nobody knows how much it will cost. Thus, I am confused. I have however thought out a few options: 1). Buy a RX 580. This is the simplest option in my mind. Suck it up and overpay for the current $400 pricetag on the 8gb model and tough it out for as long as possible. This seems like a middle-of-the-road between options 2 and 3 to me, because I settle for reliability but forego the ability to upgrade in the near future (not upgrading through first half of 2018 if I buy a $400 GPU now). 2). Buy a GTX 1050Ti The idea here is that the Ti is cheap (~$150). This way, I might be able to get by for the rest of the year and then upgrade. This plan relies on Vega a) becoming cheap b) having good enough performance. If I go this route, I won't be able to utilize FreeSync and also I don't know if the Ti has the horses to power this monitor even at medium settings. 3). Buy used Fury X This option scares me because it's my first build. I have studied a lot of posts and builds and read how-tos but I have no practical experience. I don't know what to look for on a used GPU to make sure it's not defective or damaged. I don't know how easy it is to return used electronic items purchased through eBay. I also don't know how reliable the Fury X even is and if I can trust the water cooling pump to stay alive through the time I plan to use the card. Also, this might be expensive and would prevent me from making upgrades in the near future similar to the RX 580 option.

So, what to do? I would greatly appreciate input on my options- including tips on how to save some money with GPUs. I would also like to hear any other ideas you guys might have for my GPU roadmap for the next 5 years given my monitor and setup. Lastly, thank you!! I'm stressing hard and it'd be nice to hear some other opinions.

(Background info:) I'm a full-time Linux user, which is relevant because of the unique situation regarding AMD and Nvidia drivers on Linux (Solus OS to be specific). Long story short, I predict AMD to have better driver performance in the future and so I will be sticking with the Acer monitor/FreeSync as a result. G-Sync is just too expensive for the same specs as this monitor and all three of those characteristics (1440p, 144 hz, sync tech) along with the fact that it's an IPS panel make it superior and the most future-proof in my mind, especially given its $400 tag.

submitted by /u/_Machinate
[link] [comments]

from /r/buildapc - Planning on building a computer but need some advice? This is the place to ask! https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/6q0vp9/amd_gpus_w_freesync_whats_the_move/
via IFTTT
build your own computer

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario