sábado, 15 de julio de 2017

[AUD] Building a new computer, not sure if I should go with Intel or AMD CPU pc building site custom pc builder

I'm currently looking to build a computer with some existing parts and I'm a little unsure of the current state of Intel and AMD CPU's, but first a little more about the build.

Late last year I bought a 1070, pairing it with my i5 2500k OC'd to 4.0ghz at first seemed fine. No real stuttering or bottlenecking that I could really notice. But I've noticed that as time went on certain games such as Mass Effect: Andromeda had significant stuttering and slowdown on higher settings because of the CPU. As such there's a few items on my list that can be ported over to the new computer. The 1070, the hard drive and the SSD in my old machine don't need to be replaced.

I'm looking at overclocking down the line. With my current computer I upgraded a few parts over the past couple of years and I aim to do that with this build too.

Because of my indecision to build either AMD or Intel I tried making two different lists.

AMD:

I'm a pretty big fan of this list because it's a fair bit cheaper than the other option. I'm a little unsure about the CPU cooler. Mainly because I'm not sure if it comes with the adapter for amd cpu's. Potentially I could build the computer using the stock fan and worry about a CPU cooler when I overclock later.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor $295.00 @ PCCaseGear
CPU Cooler Cooler Master - Hyper 212X 82.9 CFM CPU Cooler $46.20 @ Skycomp Technology
Motherboard ASRock - AB350 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard $129.00 @ PCCaseGear
Memory G.Skill - FORTIS 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory $175.00 @ PCCaseGear
Storage Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive Purchased For $0.00
Video Card Zotac - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Founders Edition Video Card Purchased For $0.00
Case Fractal Design - Define S ATX Mid Tower Case $119.00 @ Mwave Australia
Power Supply Corsair - Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $85.00 @ PCCaseGear
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $849.20
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-07-16 11:41 AEST+1000

Intel:

The only reason that there's the $100 price difference is due to the CPU and my inability to pick motherboards. Ideally I would like the ability to upgrade ram with the AMD build.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor $328.00 @ Shopping Express
CPU Cooler Cooler Master - Hyper 212X 82.9 CFM CPU Cooler $55.00 @ PCCaseGear
Motherboard ASRock - Z270 Pro4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $179.00 @ PCCaseGear
Memory G.Skill - FORTIS 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory $175.00 @ PCCaseGear
Storage Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive Purchased For $0.00
Video Card Zotac - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Founders Edition Video Card Purchased For $0.00
Case Fractal Design - Define S ATX Mid Tower Case $119.00 @ Mwave Australia
Power Supply Corsair - Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $85.00 @ PCCaseGear
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $941.00
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-07-16 11:42 AEST+1000

I find myself really leaning toward the Ryzen build mainly because of the price. Are there any issues with using Nvidia with AMD processors? Anything I should change or be aware about. Sorry for the long post.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/Rocklobsteroids
[link] [comments]

from /r/buildapc - Planning on building a computer but need some advice? This is the place to ask! https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/6njomn/aud_building_a_new_computer_not_sure_if_i_should/
via IFTTT
build your own computer

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario