lunes, 17 de julio de 2017

Build verification for an odd man. pc building site custom pc builder

BUILD: PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor $259.50 @ Vuugo
CPU Cooler Cooler Master - Hyper T2 54.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler $19.95 @ Vuugo
Motherboard Gigabyte - GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $64.99 @ Amazon Canada
Memory Crucial - Ballistix Sport LT 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory $84.69 @ Amazon Canada
Storage Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $59.95 @ Vuugo
Video Card EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB GAMING Video Card $369.99 @ Memory Express
Case DIYPC - Cuboid-G MicroATX Mini Tower Case $84.99 @ Newegg Canada
Power Supply EVGA - 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $49.00 @ Vuugo
Optical Drive Asus - DRW-24F1ST DVD/CD Writer $20.99 @ Newegg Canada Marketplace
Monitor Asus - PB287Q 28.0" 3840x2160 60Hz Monitor $578.95 @ Vuugo
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1593.00
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-07-17 07:57 EDT-0400

Okay! Good day Reddit!

I'm looking for some verification that my build should achieve what I want it to. This is my first PC build ever. I'll be building it late this year, probably in December, hoping to get some good deals on Cyber Monday. Now this is the difficult part, excuse me for being long winded:

I can be an odd individual. I need certain things done certain ways or it makes me uncomfortable. I need to count to five before I flush the toilet. I need to lock, then unlock, doors in my house when I pass through them. I can not (or greatly prefer not to) eat a tomato before noon.

So if I say why I did something, and it seems illogical or inefficient; it probably is. Many of my choices are made to soothe my own mind, not for top dollar efficiency. So, let's get into the purpose of said build. For the purposes of this post, we're going to assume every game has 4 graphical settings: LOW, MED, HIGH and ULTRA. A few notes:

  • I have decided on 4K 60FPS. Now, I am WELL AWARE that my build listed above will NOT achieve 4K/60 on ULTRA in practically ANY modern AAA title. Not even close.

  • 144hz looks so good it hurts me, but I am simply drawn to sharp textures over fluid movement. I also am not playing to compete; I don't play to win. I play to experience, I play to escape. So lightening fast fluidity isn't a priority for me right now.

  • I play a WIDE variety of games, and modern AAA will make up a small percentage of it. I mean wide in terms of genre and age.

  • Everything will be standard clock speeds, no over-clocking. I understand the benefit and method behind OC'ing, it just makes me uncomfortable.

So now, I'll get onto my "questions". Some will be questions, some will be statements that I'm more so looking for verification of "true/false" on. Thank you for any help in advance.

  1. My 4K monitor of choice (the ASUS PB287Q 28") was chosen mostly due to budget. My thought process is, since I'm not concerned with passing 60FPS, nor am I concerned with playing every game on ULTRA settings, this allows me to go backwards. Since 4K is exactly 4x the resolution of 1080p, 1080 should look no different on a 4k monitor. (From what I can see. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwPY0ifUjcM&t=170s at the 2:50 mark seems to confirm.) So I should be able to say, choose between lower settings and 4K, or higher settings at 1080p (although always capped at 60fps). I should also be able to hook 1080p consoles up to this screen without issue.

  2. I've heard some debate about 1440p on a 4K monitor. I've heard it upscales and looks absolutely fine (better than 1080p on the same monitor). I've also heard since it isn't exactly 4:1 like 1080p/4K is, that is scales a bit wonky. Is this a subjective analysis, where the 1080p/4K one is more objective since it goes pixel for pixel? I know it won't look as good as native 1440p on a WQHD monitor, but I don't expect it would look bad. For example:

I purchase Battlefield 1. I want to play it in 4K. With these specs, I'm probably looking at 30FPS on ULTRA at best. So I lower it to 1440p. I'm now pulling a higher framerate, say between 40-60fps fluctuating. But I don't like the fluctuation, so I set the game to 1080p for a smooth 60fps. But I really want to play 4K. So I switch the game to LOW and raise the resolution back up to 4K and get my crappy-looking 4K 60fps. This should be possible, regardless of how desirable. My basis for this was taken from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_wayk7XnbE&t=0s . I know this rig has a better CPU and HDD than my proposed build, but I don't see that being a deal breaker here.

Essentially, I want to be able to choose between resolution and frame rate freely. I know a lot of you will cringe here, but I can live with 30fps in certain situations. So I can take a game and decide if I want to play it on LOW in 4K, MED/HIGH in 1440p or ULTRA on 1080p, as long as the game allows. To put this into perspective, here's a brief summary of what I'll play:

New modern AAA titles like Battlefield 1, DOOM 2016 and Witcher 3. I'll also play less demanding newer titles, like the Starcraft and Age of Empires 4K remasters, Diablo 3 and Overwatch. Then, essentially, everything this guy did in this channel (older games like Half-Life 2, Crysis 1 and GTA:SA):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11WtNevJqhI&list=PLiPjhLbXOAuDZCEbDptt-XcKPcdIyIwFA

And then even OLDER games, such as: <just look at basically the entire GOG.com library). And finally, emulation. Everything from 5th generation back, so Gamecube/PS2 all the way to SNES/NES/Genesis/SMS.

  1. Third and final question: Should this rig be able to out perform a PS4 Pro or Xbox One X (Scorpio)? I am assuming yes from what I've seen.

Thank you for any and all input, everyone. I can be difficult and long winded; thank you for sticking with me this long. I am welcome to suggestions on efficiency and such, just remember a lot of what I've done is to suit me; and suiting me as I've learned often comes at the expense of others going: "...oooo...kay?".

Cheers!

submitted by /u/superbeastv
[link] [comments]

from /r/buildapc - Planning on building a computer but need some advice? This is the place to ask! https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/6nt3yh/build_verification_for_an_odd_man/
via IFTTT
build your own computer

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario