domingo, 23 de julio de 2017

[buildhelp] Upgrade help (first time upgrading on my own) pc building site custom pc builder

Build Help/Ready:

What is your intended use for this build? The more details the better.

I mainly play blizzard games with an emphasis on raiding in world of warcraft. I do dabble in other games, but blizzard tends to take up most of my time. I'm always running discord and youtube or something in the background.

If gaming, what kind of performance are you looking for? (Screen resolution, framerate, game settings)

My monitors currently 1080p, not in a rush to upgrade but I may in the future. Trying to run settings as high as I can afford to. My main issue right now is mostly that my fps is tanking during raids in wow to somewhere in the sub 20fps range. So the goal is to get that up to something more ideal, and just generally upgrade from my 4 year old build.

What is your budget (ballpark is okay)?

I'd like to stay around / under a grand, which I think should be pretty easy since I inherited a asus 970 strix recently that I don't imagine I need to replace for my goals.

In what country are you purchasing your parts?

US

Post a draft of your potential build here (specific parts please). Consider formatting your parts list. Don't ask to be spoonfed a build (read the rules!).

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor -
Memory Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $138.99 @ Amazon
Storage Corsair - Neutron Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive Purchased For $0.00
Storage Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive Purchased For $0.00
Video Card Asus - GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card Purchased For $0.00
Case Zalman - Z9 Plus ATX Mid Tower Case Purchased For $0.00
Power Supply Corsair - Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply Purchased For $0.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $138.99
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-07-23 09:14 EDT-0400

This is my first time doing this mostly on my own, so I'm trying to learn what parts and why. I'm mostly reusing parts from my current build, the main things I think I need to replace are the motherboard / ram / cpu as they're quite old (i5-4430, biostar z87w, ddr3 ram from ages ago). From what I've been able to research I don't believe there's much reason to replace anything else except maybe the case if an adequate cooler doesn't fit? (I currently don't have one).

I had someone recommend a asus prime z270-k or A to go with this (he also recommended the ram), he said that basically that once you hit the 100-140$ range everything's mostly the same. while researching those I found the asus rog strix z270f for not too much more (15-40$ more compared to the other boards) that supposedly has better sound than the prime boards? Sound would be something important to me, but I got kind of lost when trying to look up what matters for the motherboard so I'm not sure how big of a difference there is between those boards(or really what the differences are). I'm also not sure if maybe I should invest in a sound card or adapter if that's more ideal than just trying to get a better board for sound?

I'm also pretty lost on which cooler I should get as I see a lot of back and forth on recommendations like if I'll need air vs liquid or what'll fit in my case etc.

Would appreciate some help and schooling and critique!

submitted by /u/Bacon-muffin
[link] [comments]

from /r/buildapc - Planning on building a computer but need some advice? This is the place to ask! https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/6p1c2l/buildhelp_upgrade_help_first_time_upgrading_on_my/
via IFTTT
build your own computer

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario