lunes, 17 de julio de 2017

Ethernet connection slower than WiFi pc building site custom pc builder

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this:

I've recently upgraded my Internet service to 60 Mbps and when I run a speedtest on my phone or tablet for WiFi I get ~70 Mbps download and ~6 Mbps upload.

When I run it on my PC, i'm at ~30 Mbps download and ~1 Mbps upload.

.

I had called my ISP and a technician came over and verified that everything is good up to my computer. My modem is fine, tested ethernet on another (older) PC and got similar results as my WiFi tests, so there's something throttling it on my PC..

.

I have an Asus Z170-A mobo with the onboard Intel I219-V Gigabit LAN Network Adapter (with the latest drivers) and I'm running Windows 10.

.

I've searched all over the internet for help but nothing seems to work. I'm connected directly to my modem with a Cat5e cable and its not damaged, etc. I've tried changing my settings (I have the max speed set with full duplex, etc.). What could my issue be?!

.

Thanks

submitted by /u/revrecks
[link] [comments]

from /r/buildapc - Planning on building a computer but need some advice? This is the place to ask! https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/6nvksx/ethernet_connection_slower_than_wifi/
via IFTTT
build your own computer

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario