domingo, 16 de julio de 2017

First Draft - Noobie pc building site custom pc builder

First Draft:

What is your intended use for this build? The more details the better.

As a gamer / student for most of my life, I've always needed a laptop for school, and not had the budget to have a capable computer outside of that. Because of that, I've always had to scrape by with min or medium at best settings for games. I've finally gotten to a part of my life where I can justify buying a decent computer, and looking for advice.

Overall it will be used for gaming and general non-substantial media / work. Looking to build something as a solid base with potential for upgrades in the future if I need / want them.

If gaming, what kind of performance are you looking for? (Screen resolution, framerate, game settings)

Decided to stick with 1080p, would love smooth 50-60+ fps on high+ settings for most games. Also play some mobas, but I feel like they will be fine if I can handle the former. Don't need cutting edge ultra performance on newest AAA game.

What is your budget (ballpark is okay)?

Based on my (limited) knowledge and my outline of what I want, I figure $800 - $1000 for the core computer is all I need. This is within my budget.

In what country are you purchasing your parts?

United Kingdom

**Post a draft of your potential build here (specific parts please).

I apologize, but I don't really know how to do the cool table formatting, so here's a link to the pcpartpicker build first draft that I have so far.

First Draft

Note: this includes all extras as well; monitor, mouse, software, etc. Core computer is ~$800.

Provide any additional details you wish below.

Main questions: * I'm uncertain of my CPU. Through some googling and reading, I've seen opinions that the i3 6100 is more than capable of handling the GTX 1050ti without bottlenecking, but would love other opinions or confirmations on that. * Most builds on logical increments utilize a combination of HDD and SSD. Am I ok with SSD alone? * Is there any downside to buying this in pieces so that I can spread the cost out over a couple months?

Sincerely appreciate all feedback and comments. Overall, I'm just looking for a highly capable build that could potentially be upgraded in the future; by posting here I want to make sure I'm not skimping where I shouldn't be, and that I'm not over-spending in areas where I shouldn't be.

Thanks for your help.

submitted by /u/JPW44
[link] [comments]

from /r/buildapc - Planning on building a computer but need some advice? This is the place to ask! https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/6nmhgy/first_draft_noobie/
via IFTTT
build your own computer

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario