miércoles, 19 de julio de 2017

First time builder needs ALOT of help pc building site custom pc builder

Hello Reddit,

Heads up, sorry for the long post but I thought it would be best to be as descriptive as possible since this is my first time doing something like this

As mentioned in the title this is my first time building a PC. I thought it would be a fun/cool thing to do since I never have before but it's been more of a pain in the ass than I thought. I spent almost 2 hours assembling everything last night and I got super excited when I was done. But then when I powered everything up nothing showed up on my monitor and I'm pretty much lost at this point. I spent almost 4 hours tinkering with the build and looking up help online but I couldn't find anything. At this point I'm super frustrated and I just want to sell all the parts because I'm pissed at this thing. I'm giving it one last chance after to work today and I could use any help.

Here's a description of my problem:

I purchased a Gigabyte ga-z97x-gaming 7 motherboard to build my first computer. I assembled everything according to the manual however when I turn the power on, there is no display on the monitor. Also, when the power is on, the red LED path along the edge of the motherboard flashes red instead of staying solid. Also, the LED for the main bios and backup bios flashes back and forth between the LED indicator for the both mbios_led and bbio_led. Also, there is something funky with the power button. Once I plug in and turn on the power supply, I can use the power button on the case to turn on computer. However, since there is no display, I tried using the power button on the case to turn off the computer but the power button no longer worked. I basically can only use the power button to turn on the computer but I have to use the power switch on the power supply itself to turn the computer off as the power button does not successfully shut down the computer. The fan for the CPU and the case work fine when the computer turns on. The fan for the graphics card only twitches, it does not spin in a full circle. I have tried shifting the memory sticks around, reversing the connection for the power button on the front panel, and changing the bios switch and sb switch to all possible combination but nothing seems to work. I also took two screwdrivers and touched the clr_cmos to reset the cmos and still nothing happened. I pressed the cmos_sw and the rst_sw and nothing. I am not sure where to go with this and there is no LED code on the indicator.

Here's my parts list if you want to take a look: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hFmqzM

submitted by /u/yaboytobes
[link] [comments]

from /r/buildapc - Planning on building a computer but need some advice? This is the place to ask! https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/6o8x03/first_time_builder_needs_alot_of_help/
via IFTTT
build your own computer

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario