lunes, 17 de julio de 2017

Future proof 4k gaming rig AMD or Intel pc building site custom pc builder

Looking to build a fairly future proof 4k gaming rig what is currently giving me trouble is what CPU to go with. I understand the advantages of the I7-7700k. I also am fully aware of the AMD Ryzen 1800x capability's. Where my problem falls is in choosing a cpu socket.

Where LGA 1151 is fine but I do not know what the up coming processors from Intel have in store with soon coming coffee lake and cannon lake. I also am aware of the x299 series it looks nice but seems pointless to head down that road with what AMD has just put on the market. I am mostly interested in what is coming down the road from Intel.

I usually do a build every handful of years this is my first time to get a little crazy. I am basically building a glorified media center the extra cores aren't that important but could prove useful in the future. My previous machine was an intel i5 2500k right after building it skylake was introduced and the new socket type LGA 1151. There have been multiple points in time with my old rig where I just wanted to drop in a new CPU but being that it was LGA 1150 it always meant getting a new motherboard as well. I would like to avoid that on this build or for as long as possible anything can happen in the tech world. I am just more experienced from my previous build trying to not repeat the same mistake. I am on a time frame and don't have time to wait around a year to see what intel drops. Yeah, so that is currently where I am at any help appreciated.

Parts currently not on the list are kind of irrelevant to my question why there left out. Also that is as far as I have made it because I have been stuck reading on CPUs. :) lol

Intel Build as of now PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor $308.87 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler $83.78 @ OutletPC
Motherboard Asus - MAXIMUS IX HERO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $222.28 @ Amazon
Memory Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $132.99 @ Amazon
Video Card EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FTW3 GAMING iCX Video Card $779.89 @ B&H
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1527.81
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-07-17 11:05 EDT-0400

AMD build as of now PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 7 1800X 3.6GHz 8-Core Processor $419.99 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler $83.78 @ OutletPC
Motherboard Asus - CROSSHAIR VI HERO ATX AM4 Motherboard $236.99 @ SuperBiiz
Memory Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $136.89 @ OutletPC
Video Card EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FTW3 GAMING iCX Video Card $779.89 @ B&H
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1657.54
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-07-17 11:06 EDT-0400
submitted by /u/CosmicGlory
[link] [comments]

from /r/buildapc - Planning on building a computer but need some advice? This is the place to ask! https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/6ntn3u/future_proof_4k_gaming_rig_amd_or_intel/
via IFTTT
build your own computer

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario