lunes, 24 de julio de 2017

GTX970 crashed (?), reboot resulted in single white line with some separate pixels pc building site custom pc builder

Troubleshooting Help:

TL:DR GTX970 crashed and a reboot resulted in a single white horizontal line with some coloured pixels above it on my second screen. Another reboot seemed to fix it, but should I be worried? Warranty is only valid for a short while...

PC Components

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor $309.99 @ SuperBiiz
CPU Cooler be quiet! - Dark Rock 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler $64.88 @ OutletPC
Motherboard Asus - MAXIMUS VIII HERO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $187.37 @ B&H
Memory Kingston - FURY 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory $148.88 @ OutletPC
Storage Crucial - M4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive -
Storage Samsung - 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $138.69 @ OutletPC
Storage Samsung - Spinpoint F3 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $189.89 @ Newegg Marketplace
Storage Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $73.88 @ OutletPC
Video Card Asus - GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card -
Case NZXT - S340 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case $98.99 @ SuperBiiz
Power Supply XFX - ProSeries 750W 80+ Silver Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $111.71 @ Amazon
Operating System Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit $137.99 @ SuperBiiz
Case Accessory NZXT - Hue+ LED Controller $59.79 @ OutletPC
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1522.06
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-07-24 05:26 EDT-0400

Describe your problem. List any error messages and symptoms. Be descriptive.

So I've been having an issue with my ASUS GTX970 Strix for a short while now with it seeming to crash while playing a game. My two screen would go black and lose input signal, but I would still be able to login and see stuff using Chrome Remote Desktop on my phone. Only after rebooting it would work again. After some testing, it looks like a BitFenix extension cable was causing it (even after replacing it); the crash only occurred with the cable in use.

However, yesterday it happened again I think, but this time there was no extension cable in use. I was doing some stuff in Photoshop CC while watching a Twitch stream on my second monitor, when everything went to black again. I loaded up the remote desktop and thought about checking device manager and such. The GPU was listed under device manager, but in the Nvidia configuration panel there was nothing available to change. Then, after rebooting I only got a single horizontal white line and some coloured pixels above it, as seen here. Another reboot seemed to fix it, but now I'm kinda worried.

So my question is should I be worried. If I remember correctly the warranty is close to ending, so should I contact the store/ASUS to get it checked/replaced, or should I not bother?

List anything you've done in attempt to diagnose or fix the problem.

See above.

Post relevant photos of build/parts here.

Monitor with line PC Overview

Provide any additional details you wish below.

submitted by /u/BlueFireGaming
[link] [comments]

from /r/buildapc - Planning on building a computer but need some advice? This is the place to ask! https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/6p7d1s/gtx970_crashed_reboot_resulted_in_single_white/
via IFTTT
build your own computer

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario