domingo, 23 de julio de 2017

I think my lovely new desktop has been running at <50% CPU frequency for a few weeks..... pc building site custom pc builder

What is your parts list?

Ryzen 5 1600

MSI B350M Mortar Arctic

Describe your problem. List any error messages and symptoms. Be descriptive.

Since building my new computer a few weeks ago I have noticed that performance for general use outside of games (watching videos online, running Python scripts) has been very sluggish and jittery. I have my CPU overclocked to 3.6 GHz and everything in the BIOS looks exactly like it should. The only indicator outside of the performance (I came from a 2012 laptop so didn't know what kind of improvement to expect) was that whenever I open HWMonitor, 3600 MHz is shown for a fraction of a second as the current value, then it changes to 1550 MHz and stays there, whether I'm running a stress test, a Python script, or game. 3600 MHz stays as the max value. I assumed this was some sort of bug with HWMonitor, but recently curiosity and problems with jittery streaming made me want to test, so I used GeekBench 4, and got a single/multi score of 1938/9009, less than half of what I might expect from an appropriately clocked 1600.

List anything you've done in attempt to diagnose or fix the problem.

Googled everything under the sun, problems with the motherboard, anyone else having this problem with the 1600, anyone else having weird numbers from HWMonitor. The only thing is that I vaguely remember reading a thread on reddit about something similar pretty recently but I've tried searching for that too and can't find it.

Thanks for any help!

submitted by /u/Marcoos
[link] [comments]

from /r/buildapc - Planning on building a computer but need some advice? This is the place to ask! https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/6p46dx/i_think_my_lovely_new_desktop_has_been_running_at/
via IFTTT
build your own computer

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario