domingo, 23 de julio de 2017

Looking for last minute input on my soon-to-be budget build. pc building site custom pc builder

Unless anything drastic changes in the next week or so, this is the build I'm going with! I'm going to be using this rig for moderate gaming, mostly Arma III and GTA V when I can pony up the cash to buy it. I know that I won't be running either on ultra settings with this setup but I'm fine with that for the moment, just hoping to get my feet wet and get started.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Pentium G4600 3.6GHz Dual-Core Processor $86.88 @ OutletPC
Motherboard Gigabyte - GA-B250M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $69.89 @ OutletPC
Memory Crucial - Ballistix Sport LT 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory $59.88 @ OutletPC
Storage Western Digital - Blue 1TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive $48.33 @ OutletPC
Video Card Asus - Radeon HD 7790 1GB Video Card $0.00
Case Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower Case $39.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply Corsair - CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $0.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $314.97
Mail-in rebates -$10.00
Total $304.97
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-07-23 18:09 EDT-0400

The reason the GPU and PSU are marked as $0.00 is because a friend is giving me both for free. I also have all the necessary peripherals to get a functioning build going, and can get Windows 10 for free through my school.

I went with the G4600 for a couple reasons. It's not much more than a G4560, and has ever so slightly better single-core performance which for my gaming needs (I mostly play Arma 3) was more important than saving $6. Speaking of Arma, that's the reason I went with Intel over Ryzen. The Unreal engine is NOT kind to AMD.

And because I know I'll get remarks on the GPU: I'm on an extremely tight budget. This build is literally getting paid for with what I could scrape together for saving and plasma donations. I know the 7790 isn't exactly modern or top-of-the-line, but it'll work for my current needs (moderate gaming, no AAA titles), and eventually I'll upgrade when the money comes through. I'm also getting it for free so I'm definitely not complaining. Same goes for the power supply. It's technically used but still in great condition.

I'm open to any advice or possible tweaks you kind folks could suggest, as I'm still really new to all this. Thanks!

submitted by /u/Neptune2284
[link] [comments]

from /r/buildapc - Planning on building a computer but need some advice? This is the place to ask! https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/6p4cnn/looking_for_last_minute_input_on_my_soontobe/
via IFTTT
build your own computer

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario