sábado, 15 de julio de 2017

New PC and I'm unable to download games off of Steam pc building site custom pc builder

Troubleshooting Help:

I just built my first PC and everything works great except for Steam.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i5-7500 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor Purchased For $189.54
CPU Cooler Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler Purchased For $32.46
Motherboard MSI - B250 PC MATE ATX LGA1151 Motherboard Purchased For $97.41
Memory Corsair - Vengeance LED 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory Purchased For $111.49
Storage Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive Purchased For $91.27
Storage Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive Purchased For $58.15
Video Card Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB WINDFORCE OC 6G Video Card Purchased For $282.00
Case NZXT - S340 (Black/Blue) ATX Mid Tower Case Purchased For $59.31
Power Supply SeaSonic - 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply Purchased For $39.99
Operating System Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit Purchased For $21.64
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $983.26
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-07-16 00:55 EDT-0400

Describe your problem. List any error messages and symptoms. Be descriptive.

Basically, whenever I try to download a game on Steam it basically stops at some point in the downloading. The download speed drops to near 0 Mb/s and the disk usage drops to 0. There are no error messages, but the time remaining jumps to like 50 days to a year.

List anything you've done in attempt to diagnose or fix the problem.

This actually occurred on my laptop as well before I built my PC. I talked to Steam Support and went through all of their suggestions (changing download region, clearing download cache, etc) and they said it might be an issue with my drive. Well, now it happened again on my newly built PC so I'm not sure if this is a hard drive issue (downloading it to my hard drive on my PC) or an ISP issue or what... I've spent over a week trying to resolve this when I had my laptop and was excited to build my PC so I could finally game again.

I should add that everything else I've downloaded has been fine. This only occurs when I try to download off of Steam.

Any help is appreciated!

submitted by /u/MrTheNoodles
[link] [comments]

from /r/buildapc - Planning on building a computer but need some advice? This is the place to ask! https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/6nkjl5/new_pc_and_im_unable_to_download_games_off_of/
via IFTTT
build your own computer

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario