lunes, 24 de julio de 2017

Overclock Question (Ryzen) pc building site custom pc builder

If this isn't the right sub for this question I apologize. (Also if it isn't could you please direct me to the right sub?)

just built my rig yesterday with a Ryzen 7 1700 in an ASRock X370 Taichi. I am a bit confused as to whether I am supposed to do OC'ing in Ryzen Master, the BIOS, or something else.

I watched some videos and read some articles where people said they would immediately clock their 1700 at 3.7 GHz (since that is the boost clock on the processor anyway). I tried to do that on Ryzen Master and as soon as I started Cinebench the monitor went black and didn't come back on until I hard reboot the computer. Naively I guessed it might be a voltage thing so I bumped the voltage to 1.2 and 1.22 and got the same display crash behavior each time.

Each time it starts, Ryzen Master says the clock is set at 3.2 GHz, and running Cinebench at stock settings, indeed no core gets above 3.2 GHz.

I'm not really sure where to go from here, and I am hesitant to just start playing with it in the BIOS (unless that is the recommended way to OC with my motherboard).

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

submitted by /u/chubasco
[link] [comments]

from /r/buildapc - Planning on building a computer but need some advice? This is the place to ask! https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/6p815p/overclock_question_ryzen/
via IFTTT
build your own computer

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario