lunes, 24 de julio de 2017

Overclocking Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3000MHz RAM under Ryzen pc building site custom pc builder

Troubleshooting Help:

What is your parts list? Consider formatting your parts list.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 7 1700 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor $282.76 @ OutletPC
Motherboard Asus - PRIME B350-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard $83.98 @ Newegg
Memory Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $265.99 @ Amazon
Storage Hitachi - Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $65.92 @ Amazon
Video Card Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB WINDFORCE OC 8G Video Card $619.99 @ Amazon
Case NZXT - S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case $69.99 @ B&H
Power Supply Corsair - CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $37.99 @ Newegg
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $1456.62
Mail-in rebates -$30.00
Total $1426.62
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-07-24 06:35 EDT-0400

Describe your problem. List any error messages and symptoms. Be descriptive.

This is my first high-end build, and one thing I didn't realize was that the RAM needs to be overclocked to reach its advertised clock speed. I have the listed RAM from Corsair (LPX 2x16GB 3000MHz), but I'm not able to overclock the memory beyond the default 2133MHz.

List anything you've done in attempt to diagnose or fix the problem.

I've tried overclocking the RAM in the BIOS, both before and after updating it, and both with and without the CPU overclocked. I tried both using the DOCP profile and updating the clock and timings manually. Then I tried doing the same with the Ryzen Master software, making sure to up the RAM voltage in the BIOS first. Both resulted in a boot loop which reset the overclock.

I've checked on Corsair's site, and this particular model doesn't seem to be officially supported by Ryzen (none of the high-speed 32GB models are), so I'm thinking I may just be SOL.

Post relevant photos of build/parts here.

N/A

Provide any additional details you wish below.

Forgive my ignorance of overclocking; this is my first time dealing with it. Should I just return the RAM and purchase an officially compatible set, or is there something else I could try?

submitted by /u/LivinOnADreamHill
[link] [comments]

from /r/buildapc - Planning on building a computer but need some advice? This is the place to ask! https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/6p7mpt/overclocking_corsair_vengeance_lpx_32gb_3000mhz/
via IFTTT
build your own computer

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario