domingo, 16 de julio de 2017

Potential new build. Would I see a marked improvement over my current system? pc building site custom pc builder

Build Help:

Have you read the sidebar and rules? (Please do)

Yes!

What is your intended use for this build? The more details the better.

I have been recommended this build as an improvement over my current one. I bought my system just over 3 years ago and have recently replaced my graphics card with an RX 480 Nitro+ OC, so I would hang on to that card in the new build.

When I asked about this build in another forum, I was advised I wouldn't likely see much of a performance increase (certainly in gaming) over my current build. I'm hoping you guys might be able to shed some light on the sort of performance differences I might enjoy (if any!) as well as any other parts you think might be better bang for buck or better for my needs. My current system is:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor £95.94 @ Aria PC
CPU Cooler Corsair - H80i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler -
Motherboard Gigabyte - GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard -
Memory Team - Elite 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory -
Memory Team - Elite 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory -
Video Card Sapphire - Radeon RX 480 8GB Video Card -
Case Zalman - Z3 Plus ATX Mid Tower Case £35.15 @ Amazon UK
Power Supply be quiet! - 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply £81.99 @ Amazon UK
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total £213.08
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-07-16 12:32 BST+0100

Usage wise it is mostly gaming - Final Fantasy XIV is the title I play the most, recently have also been playing Hitman, Doom, Dishonored 2, Witcher 3.

I also stream / record games casually and do some light video editing and Photoshop. Besides that I do a lot of office work and writing from my PC but obviously don't need too much power for that!

If gaming, what kind of performance are you looking for? (Screen resolution, framerate, game settings)

I have 2 monitors, an ultrawide 3440 x 1440 and standard 1080p. Mainly game on the ultrawide.

Hoping for consistent 40 + frames on high-ish settings, happy to bring down to mid if needed depending on the game. Seem to get this at the moment in some titles, whilst in others I either need to tweak the settings or experience dips when more stuff is going on in game. From anecdotal experience and comments I've seen elsewhere (I am by no means an expert) I have read that my current CPU can often cause bottlenecks especially in CPU heavy games.

Also, my current system gets very hot when gaming at the moment, even with the fans turned up to pretty much max. In a new build I'd like to avoid repeating this problem, hopefully having a fairly cool and quiet machine even whilst gaming.

What is your budget (ballpark is okay)?

Around £700-£800 - may go above if that "little bit more" would see a big increase. Definitely no more than £1k. I would keep the RX 480 Nitro + OC I already have so wouldn't be looking to spend budget on graphics card.

In what country are you purchasing your parts?

UK - specifically I will probably buy from Overclockers.co.uk as I live close by to the shop itself which I've found has been useful historically for picking up orders and would be close by for returns etc. Comparing on PCPartPicker there only seems to be a difference of about £5 on one or two items.

Post a draft of your potential build here (specific parts please). Consider formatting your parts list. Don't ask to be spoonfed a build (read the rules!).

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 1600X 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor £221.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk
CPU Cooler Cooler Master - Hyper 212X 82.9 CFM CPU Cooler £30.95
Motherboard Gigabyte - GA-AB350-GAMING 3 ATX AM4 Motherboard £101.99
Memory Team - Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory £119.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk
Storage Western Digital - Blue 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive £79.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk
Storage Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive £39.95 @ Overclockers.co.uk
Video Card Sapphire - Radeon RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC Video Card Purchased For £0.00
Case Fractal Design - Focus G (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case £49.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk
Power Supply Super Flower - Golden Green HX 550W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply £69.95
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total £714.80
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-07-16 12:10 BST+0100

Provide any additional details you wish below.

Part of the appeal of getting a new PC is I will give my old one (replacing the RX 480 with the original R9 270 which I still have) to my girlfriend; we're about to decorate our home office and she needs a PC anyway for some light gaming and Photoshop work which I think the old system would be sufficient for (she has used it previously and is happy with it for what she needs). However, if it would be more economical to get her a cheaper system and swap out a couple of bits and pieces on my machine, I'd be happy to go down the upgrade route.

Any tips and hints etc. greatly appreciated!

submitted by /u/itdoesntmata
[link] [comments]

from /r/buildapc - Planning on building a computer but need some advice? This is the place to ask! https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/6nltcq/potential_new_build_would_i_see_a_marked/
via IFTTT
build your own computer

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario