lunes, 17 de julio de 2017

Should I make the jump to Ryzen? pc building site custom pc builder

Hey r/BuildaPC

I am currently in a conundrum if I should make the jump to Ryzen or not. The last pc I built was 7-9 years ago. I like to future proof my system and don't like having to change parts frequently. My brother is looking to sell his current rig as he doesn't use it much, but I have a feeling he will regret selling it when he moves back in. It can be mine if I don't want to go with Ryzen. He has not given me a price but here is his setup:

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-970-Gaming

CPU: AMD fx 8370 4.0 ghz

GPU: Strix rx 480 8gb RGB

PSU: Coolmaster 650w Modular

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133MHz

From my old PC years ago I can still use my hard drives, case, keyboard, mouse, and I think my PSU as well depending on how much power I will need in next build. not too sure, Maybe i should get a new one because it is almost a decade old.

Currently I use the computer mainly to play games and stream. I do light video and photography editing as well as some design rendering. If I could break my usage into 10 pieces it would be 6 parts gaming, 1 parts video and photo editing, 1 part sound engineering, 1 part design rendering, and 1 part Netflix.

I like to have my settings maxed out for complete beauty. I play a lot of racing, sim, fps and a couple others. Games like Forza horizon 3, Assetto Corsa, GTAV, Witcher 3, CSGO and LoL. Forza Horizon 3 I currently run on medium/high 30 frames, as that is the only way to maintain a steady frame rate. Eventually I would love the get a VR headset, but I would need a rig for it. The VR would also go great with my wheel and joystick.

Here is how I was thinking I should go with the build given that I go with Ryzen.

MOBO: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming AM4

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 1700X 8-Core 3.4 GHz

GPU: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 8GB

PSU: Coolmaster 650 W modular

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3200

I currently live in Canada. I could go to the states and pick up some parts as I am close to the boarder, but our dollar is in the pits right now.

I am open to suggestions on where i can go differently with the build.

GPU I am not sure about. Should I go with just the 1080 or jump to the 1080ti. Should I get another RX 480 and just crossfire them?

Is the difference between 1700x and 1800 noticeable?

Is the difference between 1800x and 1800 noticeable?

Is it worth it to jump up the the 1800x?

Thanks in advance! I look forward to discussion and hopefully gain some insight.

Edit: Sorry for poor format and the novel. I am noob.

submitted by /u/Thomasthesexengine
[link] [comments]

from /r/buildapc - Planning on building a computer but need some advice? This is the place to ask! https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/6nuhgp/should_i_make_the_jump_to_ryzen/
via IFTTT
build your own computer

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario