miércoles, 19 de julio de 2017

Suggestions to Replace my Intel Xeon E3-1231 v3 pc building site custom pc builder

In 2015 I built a gaming PC. To save a little money on CPU, I went with an Intel Xeon E3-1231 v3. Was a little cheaper because it's the server version and lacks integrated graphics and such. It's been great and I've had no complaints.

However, a couple months ago I bought a smart TV and was like "oh, cool, I can easily cast to it from my PC since I have Windows 10." Nope. Come to find out that to use that feature of Windows 10, you need a CPU that supports it. And my Xeon doesn't.

So, I'd like to replace my CPU with one offering similar performance but that supports native casting in Windows 10. I'm thinking/hoping that since I built this PC in 2015, maybe I can get a CPU with similar performance for cheaper than it was back then. Suggestions?

Tl;dr need a CPU similar to Intel Xeon E3-1231 v3 but that supports native casting in Windows 10.

PS I just want to cast movies/tv shows, nothing intense.

submitted by /u/RedAngellion
[link] [comments]

from /r/buildapc - Planning on building a computer but need some advice? This is the place to ask! https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/6o8l7y/suggestions_to_replace_my_intel_xeon_e31231_v3/
via IFTTT
build your own computer

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario