domingo, 16 de julio de 2017

The old girl is on her last legs pc building site custom pc builder

Hi there, I'm looking for some advice on upgrading parts rather than a full build (if possible). So my first and only build was nearly a decade ago, with me having to replace the motherboard (with new RAM, can't remember if I got a new CPU) about 6 years ago. She's done me incredibly well, I even just about ran GTAV without too many issues, but she's definitely on her way out.

I'm about to start a PhD, and want to keep as much money as I've saved for my supernoodle and white lightning cider fund, so I'm looking to keep my spend definitely below £500. Apart from joining the SSD club and getting things running more quickly in general, I'm wanting something that will tide me over the next few years of straitened finances so I can occupy the time I'm not working and studying with City Skylines, Kerbal, War Thunder and the upcoming Mordhau and Battalion 1944.

So how much can I salvage?

Case: Cosmos 1000 Mobo: Asus P5G41T-M CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4 ghz GPU: NVidia Geforce 8800 GT Sound Blaster Audigy Hitachi hard drive 700gig (this needs totally reformatting its in a bit of a state) Power: BFG R800wpsu (800wat)

What should I be aiming for? Thanks for any ideas!

submitted by /u/Jorvic
[link] [comments]

from /r/buildapc - Planning on building a computer but need some advice? This is the place to ask! https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/6nn5wo/the_old_girl_is_on_her_last_legs/
via IFTTT
build your own computer

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario