miércoles, 19 de julio de 2017

Trying to build an HEVC Plex Media Server pc building site custom pc builder

Hi all, I'm trying to build an HEVC Plex Media Server using some of the hardware I already own but I'm not really sure about transcode, passmark and stream.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Athlon X4 845 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor €45.00 @ Amazon Italia
Motherboard ASRock - FM2A68M-HD+ Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard Purchased
Other Kolink €28.12
Other Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1033Mhz 2GB Purchased
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total €73.12
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-07-19 11:44 CEST+0200

MOBO

I already own this mobo, I think it should be fine because of its raid support, 4x SATA 3 and up to 4k x 2k resolution via hdmi with FM2+ CPU (i think i'll use this computer only as server so it isn't so important)

CPU

X4 845 should be fine to stream/transcode with its ~5400 passmark and its HEVC hardware decoder

MEMORY

I have this memory from a previous build but i'm not sure if its compatible with the mobo. I think 2GB should be enough as this pc will run only PMS and some other stuff like Transmission and SickRage which I'm already running on a Pi3 without problems

CASE

I found this cube case in a store with a power supply already installed, I have to ask what type of PSU is it.

CONCLUSION

This server will stream 4K/1080p HEVC content to an LG TV (so it won't need to transcode as the tv is 4K HDR 10bit and it supports h265 content) and maybe a 1080p h265 transcode to stream outside my network.

submitted by /u/andyts93
[link] [comments]

from /r/buildapc - Planning on building a computer but need some advice? This is the place to ask! https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/6o7jsl/trying_to_build_an_hevc_plex_media_server/
via IFTTT
build your own computer

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario