domingo, 16 de julio de 2017

Unable to run memory at marketed clock speed. (and some additional questions) pc building site custom pc builder

Troubleshooting Help:

What is your parts list?

Relevant parts here: (also have the seasonic s12ii 520W bronze)

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor $199.99 @ SuperBiiz
Motherboard Asus - PRIME B350-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard $92.99 @ Amazon
Memory Corsair - Vengeance LPX 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory $69.88 @ OutletPC
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $362.86
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-07-16 08:18 EDT-0400

Describe your problem. List any error messages and symptoms. Be descriptive.

As title says, I am unable to run my memory at 2666MHz. The PC will not boot if I use the xmp/docp profile nor will it boot if I set the clock speed manually.

List anything you've done in attempt to diagnose or fix the problem.

The voltage is set at 1.2V, when setting the clock speed manually I tried increasing the voltage to 1.3V but this had no effect. Still no boot. I didn't mess with the timings because I think the memory should be able to run at 2666MHz with the standard timings.

Provide any additional details you wish below.

When I built my pc I decided to only get 8 GB of ram to save some money and upgrade later. Now I am working a vacation job and want to upgrade my memory. Is there any difference in performance between buying a set of 2x8GB ram at once or buying two 1x8GB memory sticks? (same model).

Also, if I am unable to get the memory running at 2666MHz, could I get my money back because it's "not working properly"?

submitted by /u/modnarrr
[link] [comments]

from /r/buildapc - Planning on building a computer but need some advice? This is the place to ask! https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/6nlz1g/unable_to_run_memory_at_marketed_clock_speed_and/
via IFTTT
build your own computer

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario