lunes, 24 de julio de 2017

Where to burn some money? Have a decent-but-not-great setup; want to identify "best bang for buck" upgrade. pc building site custom pc builder

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for advise on where to burn some cash next - what would you do? In the end I'm looking for the biggest wow-factor, like back in the day going from 486 to Pentium or my first SSD.

 

What is your intended use for this build? The more details the better. If gaming, what kind of performance are you looking for? (Screen resolution, framerate, game settings)

Pure gaming machine, currently driving a 2550x1440 display (unfortunately only 60Hz) in Arma3, PUBG, Overwatch, DCS World. I´ll buy any "simulation-ish" game unseen and would love to run them as great as possible. I don't want to downgrade on resolution and don't want to go below 60fps, downgrading in-game settings lately became really needed.

 

What is your budget (ballpark is okay)?

As much as needed, as little as possible. Depends on what & why to upgrade I´d say. Up to 1000€?!?

 

In what country are you purchasing your parts?

Germany.

 

Post a draft of your potential build here (specific parts please). Consider formatting your parts list. Don't ask to be spoonfed a build (read the rules!).

This is my current build:

  • CPU: i5 3570k @ 3.8GHz
  • Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-M
  • RAM: 2 x 4Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 2400 CL9
  • GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming TwinFrozr V 4GB GDDR5
  • Power: Be quiet! Straight Power BQT E8-CM-680W
  • Disks: 256Gb SSD Samsung Evo for OS and currently most played games, some 2Tb spinning metal HDD for storage
  • Headphones: Sennheiser Momentum M1 Overears

 

Provide any additional details you wish below.

I identified the following options so far, feel free to suggest more/share your thoughts on them!

  • Moar RAM

My mainboard supports up to 32GB of DDR3 at 2400 overclocked. I'd hope that I could get rid of the damn inventory lag in PUBG when upgrading to 16Gb. The internet seems 50/50 on the old "Is 8Gb RAM enough for gaming or not?".

 

  • 144Hz / gSync display

Friend of mine got one of the overpriced Acer Predator displays and is singing its praise. I haven't had the chance to play around on it, but I could imagine that it IS really visible and noticeable. Unfortunately my graphics cards is starting to get a bit old in the tooth, means it cannot reliably push over 100fps. On the other hand my current screen produces horrible tearing when over 60fps.

 

  • New graphics card

Kind of the no-brainer option. Never wrong.

 

  • New CPU (& motherboard)

Go to 1151 now? Get a nice i5-7600k? At least in Arma3 a better CPU is noticeable, at the other hand Arma3 can probably kill ANY CPU.

 

  • Soundstuff (better headphones, external Soundcard)

I was looking at external sound cards like the Sennheiser GSX 1000 or similar offerings from Creative. Maybe this and a better set of standard stereo headphones would be most fun to add to my setup?

 

So yeah... I'm in dire need of advice. What would you do, if anything at all? Thanks a million in advance!

submitted by /u/Biberkopf
[link] [comments]

from /r/buildapc - Planning on building a computer but need some advice? This is the place to ask! https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/6p7zxn/where_to_burn_some_money_have_a_decentbutnotgreat/
via IFTTT
build your own computer

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario